Saturday, February 13, 2010

"It's Reigning Cats & Dogs" Art Display in Stamford

The annual sculpture display in Stamford for "Art in Public Places" is back this Summer.  I really loved the Cow Parade and am looking forward to this year's theme of..... "It's Reigning Cats & Dogs"!!!!  There will be sculptures of 20 cats and 20 dogs out and about in downtown Stamford (5 feet tall no less!).  Local artists are still being asked to submit their designs for this years display.  I can't wait to see what they come up with this year!  The exhibit runs from June 15th 2010 until August 22nd 2010 (aww why so short?).  I will definitely be making a trip to Stamford once all of the sculptures are painted and finished.  Come Summer time I will post the photos... and share my favorites.  I'm sure they will be amazing and I recommend checking them out for yourselves.  I've included a photo from the Cow Parade winner in 2000, Nina Bentley.  I wonder if she will be partaking in "It's Reigning Cats & Dogs", I sure hope so!  To read more visit Stamfordadvocate.com

No comments: